Kayaks are universal boats that can be used for paddling in just about any environment. On a river, lake or even the open ocean, a kayak will be able to give you an enjoyable ride.
Mostly these versatile boats are bought for camping, fishing and sightseeing. If you are planning a camping trip near a river or the sea, then consider getting one. Kayaks come in all sizes, and some are big enough for multiple people to ride in together, while some are small and portable, optimized for travel. In this article we will list the best 6 kayaks on the market today.
This is a pretty basic kayak with a pair of comfortable seats. It has a very ergonomic body, which is optimized for quick movement. This is a sporty model with bright green design and nice shape. The kayak has robust paddles with aluminum handles, which can handle a lot of stress easily. The boat’s outer cover is made of resilient plastic with a coating that prevents sun damage.
The model can support up to 400 pounds of weight, and two adults can ride in it easily. The length of the boat is 138 inches, and the oars are 86 inches each. The model has a sturdy body, but it still weighs only 16 kilos, making it one of the lightest.
The boat arrives with a pump that will help you quickly inflate it.
- The model is quite inexpensive for a kayak that fits two people
- The boat is very robust, and can handle a lot of stress and damage
- The kayak is shipped with everything that you will need to start using it
- The carrying bag that is shipped with the boat is not too sturdy
This model is shipped with an adjustable seat, which will be very soft and comfortable to sit in. The boat is made to provide the user or users with a lot of space and a comfortable ride.
The kayak is 10 feet long, and it will carry up to 400 pounds of weight, which makes it possible for two people to ride comfortably in this boat.
The boat has a beautiful gray and yellow design. The yellow color will be visible for miles, making it easier to find you in case of an emergency.
This is a great boat for smaller bodies of water, and it excels at traveling through rivers and lakes. Weighing only 13 kilograms, this is one of the most portable boats on the market.
- The boat is made of very durable material, which will not tear even on sharp rocks
- This kayak has an adjustable soft seat that will feel comfortable in any conditions
- The boat is shipped with a very powerful pump that can inflate the boat very quickly
- A few customers reported minor air leaks on the kayak’s body
This kayak holds up to people. The maximal weight it can support is 181 kilograms. The model is shipped with a pair of long oars, 86 inches long, and an air pump that will help you quickly inflate the boat to the fullest.
The model has two removable skegs, and the long one is used to help the boat travel for a long time in a straight line, while the shorter skeg is good for quick turns and maneuvers.
The model is equipped with three separate air chambers, so that even if one of them is damaged, the other two will keep you afloat until you can get to the shore.
The boat has comfortable, inflatable seats that you can remove, clean and adjust for maximum comfort. Even though this is a very robust kayak, it is still very portable, and it weighs only 16 kilos. The boat is shipped with a pump that will allow you to inflate it in around three minutes.
- This is a small and reliable boat that will work great in lakes and small rivers
- The hull is made of UV resistant and sturdy, but light material
- The seats are very comfortable and give the user a lot of leg room
- The high profile causes the boat to be pushed around by the wind a lot
This is a small and nimble boat that is made of thick and reliable material that will withstand both UV and scratches from rocks. The small kayak is a good one to use in lakes and slow rivers. It holds one person and is made to hold up to 100 kilos of weight.
The single seat is made to be maximally comfortable, and you will be able to relax in this kayak. The model is shipped with a single aluminum oar. The oar is 84 inches long, so it will provide great leverage when rowing. The cargo net will help you carry along a lot of useful stuff.
The skin of this kayak is made of sturdy vinyl, and it will easily pass over the most difficult waters. Still, it is recommended to use this kayak in lakes and slow rivers, due to its small size.
The kayak itself weighs only 12 kilos, which makes it very easy to transport. The model is shipped with a hand pump, which will help you inflate the kayak quickly and effortlessly.
- Inexpensive – this is the cheapest model in this list, and still it is a decent kayak
- The model is built very sturdily, and will last a long time
- Very small, portable and maneuverable – this is the best boat for getting through rivers with many bends
- The cargo net is pretty flimsy and unreliable
Even though this is a one-seat model, it is more expensive than the rest. It has many top-tier features, and that is why is it priced above the others.
This model is made of reinforced PVC. The PVC is further improved with a polyester core. This gives a light and reliable material that is safe from UV radiation and will resist any kind of abrasion.
The boat is very rigid and well-stabilized. This makes it possible to navigate streams and lakes in a straight line. The pump shipped with this boat makes it possible to quickly inflate and deflate it.
The kayak has two separate skegs for traversing shallow and deep water. There are also fishing rod holders, a camera attachment and a phone mount. The boat ships with a pair of sturdy paddles and an inflatable seat that can be adjusted.
- Reviewers have said that this boat performs great in oceans, seas and rapid rivers
- The boat is very robust and well-made, and it will tolerate any kind of abuse
- The kayak is very comfortable, and you will notice that a lot of attention has went into making it cozy
- The kayak is narrow, so it will not be an ideal fit for people with wide hips
This model is made of very sturdy and reliable Polyethylene plastic. This material will stay strong even if you run over sharp rocks with it. The plastic is also UV protected.
The kayak has a flat bottom, so it is able to cross shallow waters without grounding out. The boat has a single, very comfortable seat with foot rests. There are two fishing rod holders on either side of the rider.
All the other parts of the boat are made of HDPE – a very tough and durable plastic. There are also two storage compartments in the center and the rear end of the boat.
The boat is equipped with T-handles that make it easy to carry the kayak around.
- Even though it is pretty expensive, it is totally worth the money, as it is a very robust and reliable kayak
- The model is very sturdy, and it will survive almost any kind of rapid river travel
- The model is comfortable, and the seat will work for almost any user.
- The only con with this model was the delivery times